Private Internet Access Review 2017:
Private internet access review reveals details of services of PIA. As per this review it offers unmatchable VPN services in 10 countries with 900 VPN-servers. All of its servers feature Gigabit-connections. They allow you to make three connections at the same time with a single VPN account. So you can share your VPN with friends & family. Additional proxy service is also a part of this VPN package. Signup process is easy and quick. It is free of bothersome details requirements that take much time of users. Maximum time for sign-up process is 20 to 30 seconds. These VPN details for logging are then sent to email. After this VPN account is instantly activated after confirmation of payment.
Charges for monthly plan are $6.95, while that of yearly plan are $39.95. This process is quite affordable and convenient for enjoying VPN over 900 gateways at multiple locations. As revealed by Private internet access review they accept Google Wallet, Liberty Reserve, OK-Pay, PayPal, Amazon Payments, Cash-U and gift cards. Gift cards help for purchase of services while being anonymous. Refund policy is another security feature which covers money-back guarantee of 7 days. You can use a Private internet access coupon code to get the cheapest price.
Private Internet Access is offering numerous features to their users. Does not matter that which plan you have purchased from them, you will able to enjoy all the VPN features:
- Encrypted Wi-Fi: PIA make it possible to surf internet on public Wi-Fi devices without worrying about to get hacked.
- P2P is allowed: You can download torrent files and also share files to P2P sharing networks with PIA VPN services.
- Multiple protocols: PIA offers OpenVPN with multiple other security protocols which guaranteed you online security.
- Multiple devices: With one account of Private Internet Access, you can use their services on 5 devices simultaneously.
- No Ads and Malware: You have option to block ads on all websites you surf through Private Internet Access VPN servers.
- Unlimited: For all users, PIA is offering unlimited features including bandwidth and internet speed with no restriction
- No traffic logs: As per company’s policy, they did not keep the record of their user’s activities including their details.
- 25 countries: Their VPN servers are located in 25 countries with 3000+ VPN servers, so you have a lot of option to get connected.
- Easy to use: To make the whole process of using their VPN services, the company designed and developed their own software.
PIA (private internet network) provides its own Open VPN client. This client comes up preconfigured with the username and password of members in email indicating VPN activation. Users are allowed to choose the country or region to which they want VPN connection. According to Private internet access review they are also free to choose between ports and protocols. PIA provides both UDP and TCP VPNs, on the ports; UDP 53, 1194 etc and TCP-80, 110, 443 etc.
For selection of ports and protocols advanced options are to be used. Another thing that customers can themselves set is port-forwarding which is used by P2P-clients and other software requiring direct access from internet to the PC. After option is enabled forwarded port is shown by tooltip when users connect. As per Private internet access review this port is also available on the servers of Switzerland, Canada, Romania and Netherlands. For IP leakage avoidance, VPN kill-switch deletes ISP internet-gateway if VPN disconnects. DNS leak-protection will remove default DDNS-servers for allowing users to use only VPN assigned DNS servers. IPv6 network-address is disabled by IPv6 leak-protection for protecting against leakage through IPv6.
After several speed tests with all protocols separately speed was not satisfactory and was rather bad. Average speed ranges between 100KB & 400KB per second regardless of location of server. Among all protocols Open VPN`s speed was best of all. It was between 2MB to 10MB per second depending upon the distance to the VPN server. The speed was fastest for closest servers. As a result of testing on UDP Open VPN and L2TP provided best speeds. According to Private internet access review during downloading of large files speed was found to be constant. For those who are looking for using L2TP/IPSec, they are required to use traditional connection ways through L2TP. Setup of L2TP VPN takes few moments. Difference between L2TP and Open VPN speeds is quite small. Open VPN is therefore recommended because its security level is higher.
There are several ways to get connected with their support team including the option of live chat. They also has a readymade FAQ section from where you can get the help regarding to very general problems which you may face during the usage of their services. Their response rate to your email is also good but you always has option to have direct chat with their agent through live chat. We found their live chat response bit slow which could be due to heavy traffic and agents are busy with other customer or the lack of knowledge. But overall, the number of option which they are providing to get help from their team is good because you have multiple options to get help.
- Cheap prices as compare to rivals in the industry
- 7 days money back guarantee for new users
- Unlimited data usage on all packages without any restriction
- You can connect on 5 devices at a time with single account
- 25+ countries with 3000+ VPN servers
- Exclusive customized software to make connectivity easy
- All the basic and advance VPN security features includes.
- Internet speed is not stable on all VPN servers
- You may safe problem to connect to specific server
- Not a very big network of VPN, only 25 countries listed
- Bit slow response by the customer support team.
Internet speed is the only issue which makes us to rate Private Internet Access 4 out of 5. We have ignored the other factors like slow customer services because those could be due to some genuine reasons.